It's been 6 months since surgery. I got Bob to take a picture. Of course it was Super Bowl Sunday and the game was just beginning. Bad timing on my part, ya think? LOL But I got one picture, and went with it. Gives you an idea of the changes happening here.
Did I mention I can cross my legs? It's something I never could do even at my skinniest. So it kind of amazes me when I find myself doing it without being fully aware. Sometimes I wake up in bed with one leg crossed over the other and dangling over the side of the bed. So it's fun to be able to do it, but then the nurse in me makes me uncross them so it doesn't impede my circulation. LOL
To the left is our newly fallen 8 inches of snow in our backyard, you can just see part of the yellow slide. To the right is part of my Coca Cola collection, including a way cool vintage Coke cooler from Bob's mom that they used when the kids were little. And behind me is my Judy quilt, as I like to call it. :)
Saw the surgeon for my 6 month checkup. My labs were pretty perfect. All of my vitamin levels, iron, calcium, blood counts, good. He was pleased with my 100+ weight loss. Had another bod pod which measures your percentage of fat and muscle. Interesting to compare it to the one before surgery.
Got my first OMG reactions this week, all 3 in one day. Ran into 3 people I haven't seen for awhile when I went to Toluca for groceries: a friend, a neighbor and my former pedicurist. Their reactions to my weight loss, "OMG!", were fun and made me realize how far I have come. When you spend the winter being snowed in, you just don't get much of that. Really looking forward to spring, summer, shorts and flip flops.
That's about it. Still have a healthy fear of eating. Still have moments where something that is supposed to be "safe" to eat doesn't agree with it's safety rating. Overall feeling great! Lots of energy, almost too much. I've become sort of ADHD-ish. Things are going 100 miles a minute inside me and it's hard to channel the energy, but I am not complaining! This is so much better than no energy. For instance, today, Super Bowl Sunday: made 3 batches of Chex mix for family and neighbors THEN made chili cheese dip THEN did the dishes THEN cleaned the bathroom THEN took a shower THEN made sausage biscuits THEN delivered said Chex mix and chili cheese dip to 4 locations THEN came home to watch the Super Bowl THEN decided I needed a picture for the blog THEN exercised while watching the Super Bowl............you get the idea. The days of just sitting in one place and doing one thing are over I think. And while I'd like to be able to just relax and do nothing, I can't! I am too busy calculating how many calories I am burning being busy. :)
Diana
Looking good.
ReplyDeleteWell Done, Diana! You are looking fabulous and your effort and determination carry me! You're inspiring me ...I am SO Happy for you! Teresa x
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThanks anonymous and Teresa Besa! LOL I'm pretty happy too :)