| feeling happy! |
| feeling good |
I am down to 3 pills a day. To put that in better perspective, I used to take 21 pills a day! Every time I take pills I feel as though I am forgetting some. LOL And of course, I will always take vitamins and calcium.
Last night we went to the Civic Center in Peoria to see Jim Gaffigan, a comic. Here is a comparison of what it would have been like for me before the surgery and what it was like last night.
Pre-surgical night out:
- nothing to wear
- need dropped off at the door of restaurant, can't walk from parking lot
- at restaurant before show, worry about fitting in booth, request table
- need 60 to 100 units insulin to cover dinner
- need picked up at the door
- swelling worsening as the night progresses, feeling short of breath
- need dropped off at Civic Center theater door, can't walk
- worry about making it the short walk to the theater, looking for benches
- rest twice on benches before reaching theater
- as soon as I am in, look for chair to sit down, back pain
- rest 15 minutes so I can get to my seat
- make it to my seat, miserable, swelling really bad now
- difficult to enjoy show, wishing I were home in bed
- thankful when show ends, completely in pain now
- takes me 30 minutes to get back to the door, resting several times
- get picked up right outside theater, unable to stand for more than 2 minutes waiting for car
- miserable ride home, so swollen from head to toe, short of breath
- home, straight to bed to try to get some fluid off, thank goodness I don't have to work!
Post-surgical night out:
- what should I wear? I have choices! and they all look good!
- walking from parking lots? no problem! wish I could walk further it feels so good
- restaurant, I fit everywhere now, love booths!
- insulin? 3 units :)
- no swelling!
- breathing great!
- easy walk from parking lot, didn't need a bench, didn't even look for one!
- standing, no problem!
- found our seats, so comfy, lots of wiggle room
- loved the show
- no pain
- easy walk out, easy ride home
- got home and worked all night, no problem!
That's the best way I can explain how different my life is now. Just having fun feeling normal again :)
| Jack and Diana |
I'm so happy for you!!! You look great and I can tell you are feeling great too! You've accomplished so much. Bonus: got to see a surprise picture of Jack!! Love it all 😀
ReplyDeleteKelly, any chance I get to put Jack's picture on here I'm taking! He's so adorable! Thanks :)
DeleteGreat pictures. I am happy that you are so happy. Wow, 130lbs. is a lot of weight. You look great. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Donna! We're getting there. :)
DeleteSO PROUD of you, Diana! Your courage, effort and determination carry me.
ReplyDeleteUsing your night out was the perfect way to describe how different and Wonderful your new life is! Brava! Those angels in heaven are smiling big smiles…x…x
Thank you Teresa Besa, my Va Va Voom cousin! I appreciate your comments. I always feel like I am writing too much and boring people, but I couldn't think of how else to explain how different things are now. I often look up and talk to the angels. I think they are all very happy about this. :)
ReplyDelete