We had some bumps.
Did well for 2 days at home. Sunday morning I was suddenly unable to swallow even a sliver of ice. I began vomiting. Pain became intense because I was also unable to swallow any pain medication.
Called the surgeon and he had me come to the emergency room. Turns out my stomach and intestines had become very swollen. They said it happens more than they would like. The answer was to rest my stomach for 24 hours, get IV fluids to stay hydrated, and then slowly start clear liquids again. It worked! By the following night I was drinking and feeling really good and able to come home from the hospital.
The next morning I woke up with some unusual bleeding that really shouldn't have been there. Since I am on blood thinners, I had to go in and get that checked out. Really got lucky. It turned out not to be related to surgery, was an easy fix and I got to come home again. Thought for sure I was headed for readmission #2.
So that was yesterday. Except for being extremely tired I am doing great!
I am SO happy to be back in my home and in my bed.
I finally FEEL like I am healing as I am supposed to.
I got to stop 4 medications right away after surgery. Cool.
Thanks for all the support. Mom has been keeping me updated, and it means so much.
Diana
Thanks for the update...been worried about you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Judy. Been a rough road but I knew it would not be easy. I wouldn't complain if it went a little smoother from here on out. :)
ReplyDelete