Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lucky 22 strikes again!

22 has been my lucky number since 8th grade English class when Jerry Healy sat next to me in the back of the room and he kept trying to hold my hand.  I wouldn't let him, well probably for numerous reasons, but mostly because I had warts on my hands.  So eventually he realized this and started to count them.  Quietly, we were in the middle of English after all.  There were 22!  A unique beginning to a lucky # but I swear it has popped up in my life at the most interesting times since then, and has always been lucky for me.

So today on the 1 month anniversary of my surgery, I have lost 22 pounds!  Seems like a sign of luck and good fortune to me!  Made me happy.

Overall I am doing much better.  Definitely more energetic now that the excess fluid is coming off.  Feel like I have lost more than 22#, so I know we are heading in the right direction.  Stomach is still very choosy and I have to be oh so careful with what I eat (eat being a distance memory here, I am still on pureed/liquid foods). Sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks I will be chewing actual food again.  Exciting and scary at the same time!  LOL

I have realized something through this process.  I am a chicken!!!!!
Everything I put in my stomach scares me!  I called the pharmacist yesterday because today I get to stop crushing all my medicine.  I was like "Okay, so you're sure I can just start putting them in there whole? Should I do it gradually?  Try one first to see how it goes?"   She thought I was nuts.  She was like "just take the pills."   LOL  Chicken, I tell ya.

So today feels like a good day.  Happy.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! You go girl! You are doing great and you sound so great too. I know you must have your moments but now to see and feel the pounds come off must be exhilarating. You are my role model!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only sit down to write the blog when I am in a positive mood. There have been plenty of dips but I am trying to just keep my eyes on the prize. It's all about long term. Once my stomach completely heals I think life will be better. I do miss eating! It's almost like mourning the death of a friend. Weird. It's not been easy that's for sure, but I still feel like it's worth it. You are so sweet Ruth. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete